"I've Had It With Windows" rant

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Fri Dec 7 15:13:18 EST 2001

I don't understand completely, I run Win98 at home without ANY outlook
programs, I don't run into any of these mapi errors.  What exactly are you
trying to do?

-Rob

Should this be a wug now???

> Definitely worth ranting about, but i think you have to install...(you'll
> love this)..Outlook.  There is a mapi.dll and a mapi32.dll, however, we all
> know how straightforward windows is with it's installs, it won't be just
> copying these dll's into the \windows\system directory to get them to work.
> They have to be registered in the registry, and who knows what else.
>
> You won't have to _use_ Outlook, so virus problems should be minimized, but
> you will have to install it.

Dege

Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but
they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake.