Last meeting notes (FONTS)

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Aug 22 08:38:37 EDT 2001

Hello All,
  I was just wondering this morning if this mail list had stopped or if I
had become removed or something because I havent had any mail from this in a
while, especially about last Sunday, which I apparently missed and would
have really enjoyed the Font topic, anyway, I have been majorly busy
scrambling to reconfigure my networks here as my current SDSL provider of 4
months is pulling out of the area. Luckily there is a provider taking over
for them but with new IP allocations and my router that cost $700 will not
work with there DSLAM. So as is becoming a practice, I have been turning to
Linux for help. I have downloaded and made a boot disk with the Linux Router
Project version 2.9.8 and have it up and running, completely running off ram
from a floppy, NO HDD NEEDED! Anyway, after searching all over on the net, I
have found nothing in respect to how to configure and use this. I am not
that savvy in configuring a router in the first place but the one that I did
have, was pretty simple. Does anyone have any experience in this? If so and
you think you might be able to help, I could explain my IP config's,etc.
What a great way to use that 486!(I currently have it on a p166). Any help
as always would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks, peter at thecybersource.com