meeting

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 23:42:52 EDT 2001

What prompted my questions (and idea for a topic) was watching my Activity
Light on my cable modem flash constantly.  I wanted to know what tools I could
use to see what is causing it to flash when I am not doing anything...  I
thought I disabled 137-139 (M$ networking?) but I must have left my win98 box
enabled.  Since I use an LRP I amnot terribly concerned about people coming
into my network but I still want to know what makes the light flash :-)  I
assumed it is flashing from activity coming TO the cable modem from the outside
world. What, by whom ,and for what reason?

Not only what tools but How to use them...

I hope everyone is swell with moving the meeting back a week.  We will take an
opportunity at the next meeting to go over teh next 4-6 months and actually try
to figure out major holidays and events. (parades, holidays etc etc)

JJN