Sendmail > Qmail > Postfix | AAAARG!

Dennis J. Eberl dje at pcom.net
Fri Mar 31 20:23:40 EST 2000

"Bradley J. Bartram" wrote:

> I've been using postfix for a little while now (several months).  It seems
> pretty stable as far as a mail platform is concerned.  It's much easier to
> configure than sendmail, imho.
>
> I chose it because of the security features over sendmail.  (It is the
> backbone mail system for a small ISP I run (for now)).
>
> That's my take on it, it's a pretty good alternative to sendmail although
> all the MTAs have their merits and strong points.
>
> Brad

Interesting. Any reason you passed on Qmail? I've heard a lot of bad
things (mostly security related) about Sendmail, which is why I
wanted to include Qmail when someone asked me to put a link for
Sendmail on the site. You probably won't see it until Monday at
http://www.nflug.org, but the changes are up at
http://www2.pcom.net/dje/, which is my "personal page" to which
I have unfettered access.

Dennis