Stumped...

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 30 09:24:16 EST 2000

OK, this one's got me.  I've been poking around with themes in KDE and
when I'm looking at them on themes.org, several of them show terminal
(shell) session with transparent backgrounds.  That is to say that the
root background shows through the window.  On one of the themes, there
were no borders, no decorations, transparent background and ghostly
white text that appeared to be console output floating in the ether...

HOW THE HECK DO THEY DO THAT?!?!?!

I've built pixmaps with transparent colors, ran strings on all of the
terminal emulators I have (don't have Eterm) looking for interesting
options, tried a few really stupid things that I didn't think would
work and generally frustrated myself.

I know that one of the terminal programs was 'rxvt' but I don't know
what some of the others are.  Anybody got any ideas???

Bob Meyer