NFLUG Business: STEERING COMMITTEE DISCUSSION

Dennis J. Eberl dje at pcom.net
Tue Apr 11 14:07:30 EDT 2000

<---------------  snip  --------------->

>            Ok sounds nice. You came up with a more better line-up than I was
> thinking of with 8 in total.  6 voting + 1 tie breaker,  and 1 non-voting
> for (community interest involvement Opinions/Suggestions). Good combo I'd
> say:) Now lets go for it! :)
> Yours Ron Maggio

Well, I'm not so sure I did. That's why I hope people will at least think about
it if not post an opinion on line. I believe my plan has several weaknesses.

1.) I might be a little to "bottom heavy." Maybe we need two, not just one, guru
types.

2.) The Contact person job is potential very time consuming, which makes me
wonder if it should be done by someone who is also on the Steering Committee.
Remember, our official contact has to take care of local Linux advocacy issues,
publicity, media contacts, etc. It is a really important job and quite
sufficient in itself to burn out three people.

I hope we see some discussion and suggestions on this list. Else, we'll just
have to go with what we've got.

~:>(X)|         <-- Blinky, His Mark

--------------70EC59AC9E64828F069D2FC2

Ronald Maggio wrote:
&lt;---------------&nbsp; snip&nbsp; --------------->
nice. You came up with a more better line-up than I was
and 1 non-voting
I'd
Well, I'm not so sure I did. That's why I hope people will at least think
about it if not post an opinion on line. I believe my plan has several
weaknesses.
one, guru types.
me wonder if it should be done by someone who is also on the Steering Committee.
Remember, our official contact has to take care of local Linux advocacy
issues, publicity, media contacts, etc. It is a really important job and
quite sufficient in itself to burn out three people.
just have to go with what we've got.
&lt;-- Blinky, His Mark