Corel LINUX OS

Micah Valine mvaline at buffnet.net
Sun Apr 9 16:37:50 EDT 2000

At 11:50 PM 4/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
 > Has anyone else installed Corel LINUX OS from the diskettes we gave out?

I promptly tried installing the Corel Linux OS from the disk that I got at
our last meeting. I currently have been fooling with Debian.  I like it,
but am having some difficulty getting a desktop manager working
(Enlightenment and Gnome are rather daunting) and KDE didn't come with my
distribution. Thus, I was hoping that perhaps Corel would do some of the
dirty work for me.

The install did get me up an running fairly quickly. However, it failed to
detect my sound card or my video card / monitor. I had to use a backup copy
of an old XF86Config file to get it to run.

I think all the distros could learn a lesson from Caldera OpenLinux. That
had me running with sound and graphics and on the Internet in less than 45
minutes from tearing the shrink wrap.

Micah