Transparent windows redux

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 16:56:49 EDT 2000

I STILL haven't found any information about how to make windows with
transparent backgrounds...  I see it done on a bunch of themes on
kde.themes.org with rxvt but still no way to do it.

James sent a link to a site that does alpha blending but the
information seemed to relate to their own windowing system, not X.

So, let me pose the question again: "How do I get transparent
background terminal windows with rxvt?"

I really don't have a lot of time to research this so I'm hoping for a
cookbook way to do it.  A technical diatribe along with the recipe is
fine.

Thanks...

=====
Bob Meyer