[nflug] Localnet

Robert Wolfe robert at muzzlethem.com
Wed Jan 14 11:54:54 EST 2009

Justin Elze wrote:
> They have been looking for a Linux guy for 3-4 years now(I have a
> feeling its a revolving door for this position)...I interviewed for
> the position the pay they were offering for the skill set involved was
> not great.  They also wanted a lot of Perl experience.
>
> I wouldn't make a career out of working there I don't see dial
> up/hosting as a growing industry.

Yeah, they let me go before Thanksgiving.  So I've been on the job
market ever since.  The position has a good deal amount of on-call work,
which I liked.  Plus I enjoyed working in an environment that I love
working in.

I don't know.  If something doesn't come up soon, it looks like I may be
one of the thousands that leave the area for work or end up living in a
hotel or cardboard box.