[nflug] Re: Any Recommendations for a solid AMD Phenom ( AM2+ ) Motherboard

David Mangani buckettruckdave at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 20:25:53 EDT 2008

Sunday evening update on the Mobo situation. I figured since I already
had this part in hand I'd try to work with it. After much fiddling
around in the bios and passing a boot parameter I have managed to get
this board mostly working. I also had to go directly to Nvidia's web
site for their most recent linux driver and install it the old
fashioned way but I do have nicely accelerated graphics working now.
Getting the nic working was simple, but lucky. Just had to disable lan
boot rom in bios. The final issue remains unresolved. There seems to
be known issues with the Realtek ACL1200 sound subsystem. Has anyone
been able to get this HD 8 channel sound system working in Linux? For
the time being I'm using an old SB Live card, so I'm good for now. I
hope to eventually get the on-board sound working. Thanks for the

Dave

--
Ubuntu Linux