[nflug] At the risk of starting a religious flamewar, a question relating to the HP mini-note...

Richard Hubbard hubbardr at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 13 10:50:34 EDT 2008

The OS it comes with is Suse-Enterprise.

I am not very familiar with this release of Linux. We used to have a
Suse box at work, but I swapped it out for a Centos box, because I had
to make a change, and it was quicker for me to go with a distribution I
was familiar with, than to learn the interface peculiarities of Suse.

However, I'm contemplating getting the HP mini-note, and I'm guessing
that HP will have all the right drivers for the included hardware, so
that it will "just work".
On the other hand, there's a lot written about Ubuntu/Redhat-Centos, so
there is enough documentation so that I can install a different
distribution and hammer it into submission.
On the other hand, is there a lot for me to learn with Suse, or was I a
wimp regarding my FTP box?

// I'm personally liking the "just work" option, but I bow to those
wiser than I....