[nflug] quick partition table mirroring

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Fri Sep 5 12:31:41 EDT 2008

I'm not sure the subject of this message accurately describes what I'm
looking but it's kind of close.

I have a Linux server with mirrored drives and one of the drives died.
I've replaced the dead drive with an identical disk and want to recreate
the partition layout and rebuild the mirrors, simple tasks. Because the
disks are identical I'd rather not have to manually create all the
partitions, I want to suck that info from disk1 and apply it to disk2.

On Solaris I'd use prtvtoc from grab the disks partitions and fmthard to
apply it to the new drive but haven't been able to locate equivalents on
  Linux yet. Is anyone aware of how this can be done on Linux?

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
Email: darinper at cognigencorp.com