[nflug] nc multicast

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Nov 5 12:01:45 EST 2008

wow, I use tar and aside from network latency, it generally takes about
5 min for 5gb, depending on processor speed. I've gotten away from using
networks entirely but that's my situation here. I use a usb drive to
transfer my new "dumps" to a system and usually boot the thing with
either a knoppix cd or usb stick. I even keep a copy of an updated
archives folder for apt, that I transfer into the new system, this way
it doesn't need to download all the packages again (or since I made the
dump), tweak a few UUID's and other settings, and all good. I've
installed entire systems this way in less than 15min sometimes, all
verbatim of the way I like our systems tweaked, ready to ship out.