[nflug] Samba Question

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Fri May 23 09:43:20 EDT 2008

Good morning again, everyone!

Yet another question :)

As I mentioned in a previous posting, I am in the process of setting up a Samba-based fileserver (the first Samba machine I've ever built) to replace our Windows 2000 Server based one.

I am having trouble trying to authenticate with Samba using my username and password that I use to log in with at the console and via ssh.  However, I am getting an 'access denied' type message.  I am pretty sure my /etc/samba/samba.conf file is set up correctly.  This is a Debian Etch based Samba box.

TIA for any help/advice anyone could provide.

--
Robert Wolfe <robertwolfe at localnet.com>