[nflug] adept issue

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sun Mar 16 01:30:42 EDT 2008

Cyber Source wrote:
> you can start with "apt-get -f install", if you have any problems,
> that will expose them.
>
> Joe wrote:
>> I've done a little CLI apt stuff, no problem.  I just don't have a clue
>> what to fix.
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> Cyber Source wrote:
>>
>>> First I would recommend getting down to cli and fix your
>>> apt-get/repos/packages issues. As far as what things want to get
>>> updated when there installed, that's gonna be a little tricky as
>>> packages are all linked with dependencies and those dependencies may
>>> require the other installed packages to be updated. Restrictions based
>>> on security and other ways of restriction are much easier.

OK.   Did that (see below).  Doesn't refer to the packages in question
at all.

sudo apt-get -f install
[sudo] password for bigbird:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  libwpg-0.1-1 libservlet2.4-java libsvg1 libxine1-gnome libhsqldb-java
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 18 not upgraded.
bigbird at sananda:~$ sudo apt-get autoremove
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  libwpg-0.1-1 libservlet2.4-java libsvg1 libxine1-gnome libhsqldb-java
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libhsqldb-java libservlet2.4-java libsvg1 libwpg-0.1-1 libxine1-gnome
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 5 to remove and 18 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 1855kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
(Reading database ... 175258 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing libhsqldb-java ...
Removing libservlet2.4-java ...
Removing libsvg1 ...
Removing libwpg-0.1-1 ...
Removing libxine1-gnome ...
Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
bigbird at sananda:~$