[nflug] storage and meeting

paul paul at paulcosta.com
Mon Jun 30 23:44:06 EDT 2008

I have been reading the posts about the mega huge data storage units and
found it all fascinating.
Has any one contacted the CCR at the university @ Buffalo (Amherst
campus [north])
Dr. Russ Miller is the man in charge there.
The CCR may be able to shed some light on your needs
miller at buffalo.edu
www.cse.buffalo.edu/faculty/miller/
<http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/faculty/miller/>
(716) 645-3180  ×113
I know that in 2006 UB was ranked as the 10th fastest computer center in
the US
They have massive storage capacity and many sun/linux/sgi clusters there
It would be cool if we could have one of our meetings there
I'm sure they would love to host us as a group interested in computing
They want to be community friendly and show off their stuff
Also
Can anyone remind when the meetings are being held.
I was thinking they moved to a weekday evening time slot and don't know
the time/day/week of mth
If anyone is out there who knows please respond

thx

Paul C