[nflug] duplicate name - samba ldap winxp

Eric Benoit eric at bootz.us
Tue Jun 17 04:23:51 EDT 2008

Greetings,
I have an issue with netbios I think.

When I add a new XP computer to my samba/ldap domain server(ADS)  I get
a very nice message saying welcome to  domain, I then check my ldap
directory and the computer is listed, however when the computer restarts
I get a message that says duplicate name exists on the network...
...I am very sure there is no other computer with this name...  I was
wondering if someone could point me the right direction for trouble
shooting this issue.  To me it's obvious that something is mis
configured but on which side... the XP client or the server or both?

Thank you for your help