[nflug] AMD64 Debian 'Etch' Stability

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Jun 11 09:57:06 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 09:40 -0400, Robert Wolfe wrote:

> [...]

You'd be surprised at how often I've had someone say "Where did you get
that quote in your sig?  I'm *sure* I've heard it before but I can't
remember where.  Theodore Geisel doesn't ring a bell."  :-)

One year I offered to give 10 points worth of extra credit to the first
person who could figure out exactly where I'd gotten the machine name
"van-vleck" from given the naming theme for the other machines in the
lab (names like "horton", "thing-1", "lorax", etc...).  I figured nobody
would get it because the one place it appears is a little bit too
obscure but when I arrived for the last class of the semester someone
had written the prose for it on the board...  :-)

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu