[nflug] postifx

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue Jul 29 08:46:07 EDT 2008

mydestination define which hosts or domains Postfix will accept mail
for, the default values are "$myhostname, localhost.$mydomain". Set it
to "$myhostname, new_domain.com" and Postfix will accept mail for those
domains. "postconf mydestination" will give you the current values.

The final destination of your virtual domain email can depend on a few
things, namely what software you're using to retrieval, cyrus-imapd,
wu-imap, some POP daemon, etc. Some will be more complicated to
configure, like cyrus-imapd, or something using Maildir are
straightforward. The docs at http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html
should help you with most implementation but NOT cyrus.

I'd also recommend "The Book of Postfix" by Hilderbrandt and Koetter,
it's the bat book for Postfix.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator