[nflug] VMWare 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 Install under Ubuntu 7.1 Desktop AMD64

Robert Wolfe robert at muzzlethem.com
Sun Jul 6 22:50:11 EDT 2008

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 22:39:42 -0400 (EDT)
Robert Wolfe <robert at muzzlethem.com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Trying to install this beast as outline above and keep getting the
> following error in vmware-install.pl (when run as sudo):
>
> Generating SSL Server Certificate
>
> Unable to get the last modification timestamp of the destination file
> /etc/vmware/ssl/rui.key.
>
> Execution aborted.
>
> If anyone has any information on how I can correct this, please email me
> here or off-list and let me know :)  Thanks!

Well, just a quick update that I thought I would share with everyone.  Apparently, this is not just an issue I am having, but one others are having as well.  So, I Googled the error message after my post to the mailing list and the following solution worked like a charm:

Robert Wolfe <robert at muzzlethem.com>