[nflug] VMWare/VirtualBox Virtualization problem under Fedora 8

peter at thecybersource.com peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Jan 29 13:36:35 EST 2008

I had something similar happen on a laptop, vmware workstation simply
would not work worth a damn, and only on that laptop. It must have been
something with the particular hardware in that case and maybe it is in
your case as well. I install vmware on at least a different box every day
and it was only on that laptop that I experienced the 100%cpu thing and
dog ass slowness your experiencing. I had the latest 5* version of vmware
workstation. On that box I uninstalled that and installed the vmplayer
that is in the repos (ubuntu gutsy) and it worked WAY better. So, long
story short, try different versions and moreover, get the vmware server
version, great for running multiple vms like you wanna. I usually don't
install that for clients as it's not as transparent as vmplayer, gotta
keep the blinders on the average users.