[nflug] 64 bit edumacation

Jon Skulski jskulski at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:06:31 EST 2008

Certainly if you have a reason to run a 64bit OS like what was
mentioned: databases, amazing 3d graphics, etc etc, then go for it.

If you are running your computer as a regular user, just know there
are a lot of hoops to jump through for little gain. I am a programmer,
graphic artist (regular, animation, visual programming), sound record,
etc etc. I.E. I do a lot of stuffs with my computer machine  Yet it
wasn't really worth the headaches that the 64bit version of ubuntu
gave me. This was about a year ago, so maybe

And for the registers, I think that even in 32 bit mode, the cpu would
use them. Registers are expensive things, and I doubt the engineers
would just let them sit there for 60% of their users. However, I don't
really know what I'm talking about.

Jon