[nflug] Blocking out unwanted guests...

Jason Lasker lasker at eng.buffalo.edu
Sun Jan 6 21:35:14 EST 2008

You may want to deny all as a standard then only allow what you want in hosts.allow.

hosts.deny
All: ALL

Host.allow
sshd: allowed ips, domains etc....
other services: allowed ips, domains etc....

you can also control other services in /etc/xinetd.d (system dependent)

Specifically for ssh you can also add a users list to /etc/ssh/sshd_config
AllowUsers user1 user2 .....  (may have to restart sshd daemon)

This would allow you to set a domain like .rr.com in hosts.allow and restrict users in sshd_config

Your mileage may vary....