[nflug] Let's go old, old, old school linux

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 11:18:26 EST 2008

Hey, I remember that.  Was kinda funny.  I used to like the concept of NCD Xterminals.  Get one server and a bunch of cheap terminals.  The problem was that an NCD cost almost as much as a new PC in those days and the only advantage was that there was no drives in them.  Kinda like diskless workstations.  The lines weren't really clear on whether diskless WS and Xterminal was a better choice.  Turned a bunch of  Sun SLC and XLS workstations into Xterminals at one point.  Those were the days...

Doom on Sun workstations... one of the first LAN party setups...

Cheers!

Bob

--
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
   --Leonardo da Vinci