[nflug] Listserv/SMTP server/mail quota question

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Thu Feb 14 13:22:10 EST 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 13:05:48 -0500
Darin Perusich <Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com> wrote:

> You are correct, the MTA expands all address associates with an alias or
> any CC's and sends the message to the recipients as part of a single
> request.

So with regards to a mailing list and quotas, if a server sets a limit on an account (or domain) as to how many messages can be sent per hour and that quota is met, then the listserv cannot send any more messages until the hour is up, correct?

For instance, say domain xyz.com has a mailing list.  It is set up with a webhosting company that only allows its clients to send our 100 messages/hour.  If a client's mailing list sends out 100 copies of a message, then the mailing list cannot send out any more until the hour is up, correct?

--
Robert Wolfe <robertwolfe at localnet.com>
Systems Administrator, LocalNet Corp/CoreComm Internet