[nflug] Touchpad scrolling problem on a notebook

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Feb 12 15:19:15 EST 2008

I'm running kubuntu gutsy on an HP Pavilion dv5020us notebook with a
built-in synaptics touchpad.  I'm right handed and my finger always ends
up on the right edge of the touchpad which often causes unintentional
vertical scrolling that drives me crazy.

I went into kde system settings - Keyboard and Mouse - touchpad -
scrolling  and unchecked both horizontal and vertical scrolling.  I also
installed ksynaptics which put a short cut to this section in my panel.

Whenever I boot (or log in?) vertical scrolling is still enabled.  I go
to the above settings and it shows it as disabled.
If I enable it, apply and then disable, apply, then it turns off.

Any ideas what could cause/fix this?

TIA

Joe