[nflug] Getting my old Windows MBR back on my dual boot notebook

Jon Skulski jskulski at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 14:50:07 EST 2008

Yeah I don't know how the MBR would change something like that.
But if I remember from my windows days you could do something like

'fdisk /mbr' from the cmd prompt to restore the windows MBR.

and to get back into linux you boot from a CD and grub --install (hdX, Y)

you'll have to figure the parameters and syntax (and also make sure your
config file (menu.lst to get grub to boot into windows too)

-jsk