[nflug] RAID

Eric #4011 eric at bootz.us
Fri Feb 8 12:49:42 EST 2008

Hi, I was wondering if the following RAID configuration is possible?

I have 4 SATA drives for RAID and am using MediaShield utility to
configure a RAID 0+1
MediaShield States RAID 0+1 is:
         RAID 0 drives can be mirrored using RAID 1 techniques,
resulting in a RAID 0+1 solution
         for improved performance plus resiliency
         The controller combines the performance of data striping (RAID
0) and the fault tolerance
         of disk mirroring (RAID 1). Data is striped across multiple
drives and duplicated on
         another set of drives.

After this I have two drives and I am ready to install linux(debian etch)

My thoughts are if I also use RAID 1 software(linux) with the existing
two drives I will have one hard drive writing to three hard drives?

I'm wondering if this is possible?

Thank you in advance for your explanations

Thank you,
Eric