[nflug] Virtualization

Brad Bartram brad.bartram at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 13:41:25 EST 2008

I'm interested in this whole virtualization of servers and services trend
that's been on going for quite a while.  I've worked with it on workstations
and in the traditional host - guest configurations to gain access to
non-native applications - you know, user-level stuff.  I'm interested in it
on the server side of things though.  I've read the marketing propaganda and
seen the vendor white papers and all the trade news-vertisements, but I'm
interested in hearing some real world opinions.

I know some of you have opinions on it.  So what's the good, the bad, the
shortcomings, and the strengths?  Are there any things I should look out for
or things I should consider in planning out hardware purchases and such?

Thanks

Brad