[nflug] for the top posters

Tony E - Jaraeth jaraeth at phoenixwing.com
Tue Aug 26 02:34:25 EDT 2008

I top post, because I too, go through email and can remember what was
said, and feel confident that people can do the same, but maybe I assume
to much...  However, seeing as how I work in the technical field *cough*
IT *cough* there are times when posting "though out" might be more
handy... as you state: point by point reply.

That comes in handy when:

1. You have a point to make

    A:   So someone can answer this

2. You have another point to make

    A:   and they can answer again.

However, it's not quite bottom posting, because you posted before their
reply was finished.  ie: You also posted in the center.  This is most
necessary when emailing tasks to coworkers, waiting for customers to get
back to you regarding multiple issues, or just generally emailing
someone with multiple points.  No qualms or issues there... it is often
necessary.

However, if there's one reply.

I don't post at the bottom.  To me, it's irritating to have scroll
through everything I've just read.

<goes to take his Geritol and Bayer Aspirin cocktail>

... To each their own though ... right?  Or is this a flame war because
people need something to argue about?  Until now, I've let people post
at the bottom, half way through or the top.  I've dealt with my anal
retentiveness when it comes to having to scroll through email looking
for those replies at the bottom, and I will probably keep on reading
email... somewhere in these emails, most of them, is useful
information.  It's like digging for gold... and hoping you miss the
septic tank.

</rant></soapbox></elitist-jerk>

  Tony E
  "Raptus regaliter"