[nflug] Touchpad scrolling problem on a notebook

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Apr 17 21:25:51 EDT 2008

Finally got around to this again.

Tried your suggestion - went through all the questions just pressing enter.
The conf file was much shorter.  It worked identically to the old one
*except* my login page was scrambled with huge fonts and the kde
touchpad utilities didn't work because
    Option        "SHMConfig"        "on"
wasn't there.

Went back to original conf file and deleted the wacom stuff.  That went OK.
Then, I noticed that the new conf file (not in use now) had added this line:
    Option        "HorizEdgeScroll"    "0"

So, I took a chance and added a line after that (in my conf file):
    Option        "VertEdgeScroll"    "0"

That fixed my scrolling problem.

The only weirdness about this solution is that when I go into the kde
utilities and try to turn scrolling back on, nothing happens.  This is
no big deal, but it indicates that what I did wasn't the best way to
solve the problem.

Joe