[nflug] for the scripers

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Sep 20 10:27:25 EDT 2007

Hello all,
 I would like to make an applet or icon that changes it's pic based on
whether or not a lock file is in place. Moreover, I would like to create
what the gnome applet modem-lights use to do. That applet was replaced
by a modem app that just takes you to the network-admin and doesn't have
the lights, etc..
 Reasons for all this.
1. I setup an ubuntu laptop to use Verizons Mobile Broadband with a
pcmcia card.
2. Got that working great but I had to make a pppd script to call chat, etc.
3. I would like something to show that he's online or not and/or
something to click to make the connection and to disconnect.
respectively with a light (pic) to designate connected (green) or
disconnected (red).
4. It doesn't have to be all inclusive, if he has to click an icon to
connect and one to disconnect, that's fine (although I sure any
programmer will want to make it all work as concisely as possible).
Anywho, all I really want is something like an icon that could change
it's pic based on whether a lock file (modem) is in place or not. I can
work with the rest.
Help please?
TIA