[nflug] MySQL Export Tables

Franklin Kumro Jr fkumro at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 08:31:24 EDT 2007

I used Brett's suggestion and found out that many other tables have
data that contains WEATHER. So I a going to have to refine the grep a
bit. Still works great though :)

Dennis, did you ever get that example on how to use mysqldump for a
single table?

Thanks again guys!

On 9/13/07, Brett <brett at consumersbeverages.com> wrote:
> Frank -
>
> You can use mysqldump to dump the whole database then
>
> cat tablename.sql | grep 'WEATHER' > newtable.sql
>
> I've done that to rebuild 1 table from a whole dump.
>
> Brett
>
> Franklin Kumro Jr wrote:
> > I have to move only the tables that begin with WEATHER over to a
> > different server. Besides selecting into outfiles, is there anyway to
> > use mysqldump (or other mysql tools) to export only those tables into
> > a sql file so I can import using the mysql command into the other db?
> > no php admin either :( which is how I would have done it.
> >
> > Thanks again!

Frank
Shenanigans!!
I do the voodoo that I do do with sudo!