[nflug] After many, many google searches, I have to admit defeat and ask for help...

Brad Bartram brad.bartram at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:35:49 EDT 2007

Hey guys (and girls);

I'm looking for a utility that will run under linux.  Preferably
command-line, rather than GUI.

I need a utility that will wipe a partition, of my choosing, of all data to
DoD spec.

Here are my limitations -

  as I said, it has to be a standalone utility or some obscure option to an
existing utility
  it has to be to a verifiable specification - i.e., write with 0, then with
1, then with FF and repeat several times (DoD spec)

I've looked high and low and can find windows utilities from now until next
week that do what I need but I'm having a beast of a time finding a utility
in linux that doesn't want to do an automated thrashing of my entire system
on boot or anything I don't want.

Thanks in advance.

Brad