[nflug] Thunderbird under kubuntu feisty

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Oct 18 22:02:50 EDT 2007

Hi.  I have the feisty version of TB installed and working.  I
downloaded the latest TB and installed it under /opt/thunderbird.

When I use the feisty version, it keeps everything in
$HOME/.mozilla-thunderbird.

When I run the new version, it puts its stuff in $HOME/.thunderbird so
it can't find any of my mail, etc.

I tried erasing all of .thunderbird and copying the old files into it
and I tried linking .thunderbird to .mozilla-thunderbird.  Neither
worked.  It acted as if it was starting with no accounts, etc.

Anyone know how to install this properly?

TIA

Joe