[nflug] RHEL 5 Server & Intel Core 2 Duo Processor

Robert Wolfe rwolfe at shatterit.com
Sat Oct 13 23:36:59 EDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 09:06:48 -0400
"Christopher Hawkins" <chawkins at bplinux.com> wrote:

> I would say the same, first make sure you have an SMP kernel.  I've also
> heard of issues where (when you have a choice in there, anyway) you need to
> set the BIOS for the correct OS. Ie., set it to Linux, not Windows or Other.

Okay, thanks.  Will check this out when I get home.  Funny thing is is when I go to start to use VMWare Workstation, I can use both cores for some reason.

When I do a "uname -a" I get the following:

Linux foamy.niagara-panux.com 2.6.18-8.1.14.el5 #1 SMP Tue Sep 25 11:45:53 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

So would I be correct in the assumption that this is an SMP kernel?

--
Robert Wolfe [Linux+/MCSE] <rwolfe at shatterit.com>
"People always make the wolf more formidable than he is." - French Proverb