[nflug] Job Opportunity - Day Shift NOC Operator

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Sun Nov 25 23:43:43 EST 2007

Shatter I.T. Job Posting

Network Operations Center Operator (Buffalo NOC)

Openings:  1 FT days - flexible shift

At Shatter I.T., Western New York and Southern Ontario's Premier Managed
Service Provider, our focus is on vigilant preemptive responses to system
and network events, allowing us to ensure the highest levels of system and
network availability and reliability for mission critical systems - 24x7x365
ONSITE.

At Shatter I.T., we provide an exciting and challenging work environment,
where performance and innovative thinking are encouraged and rewarded at
every level. Our professional culture values teamwork, customer service and
the exchange of ideas and thinking beyond boundaries. We provide motivated
individuals with the opportunity to establish a position in a growing
company within a rapidly evolving industry. If you are looking for a chance
to put your education and experience to work, apply today, we're waiting to
make you a part of our team! For more information about our company, go to:
http://www.shatterit.com/

Job Functions:

.          Monitor and Manage computer systems, infrastructure, and
processes

.          Provide service, process, and component level monitoring and
management

.          Firewall and security management

.          Update and patch administration and backup management

.          Customer service

Knowledge Required:

.          Extensive experience working with Linux

.          Previous programming or scripting experience

.          Experience with troubleshooting hardware

.          Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with
minimal support and guidance

.          Effective communication skills and the ability to interact
professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff

.          Ability to work productively in teams

.          Good problem solver

Preferred Skills:

.          Proficiency with *nix, Windows XP

.          Solid understanding of the administration of SQL database servers
such as (e.g. PostgreSQL, Mysql), and secure web servers such as Apache with
mod_ssl; knowledge of Perl and CGI scripting

.          Working knowledge of Bourne shell scripting; knowledge of
standard backup infrastructures

.          Working knowledge of UNIX system and program installation,
compilation and configuration

.          Familiarity with system-level security procedures, and
cryptography tools (e.g. secure shell, OpenSSL, IPSec)

.          Experience maintaining servers for standard Internet services
such as DNS, NFS, DHCP, Samba, and FTP service

Additional Experience:

.          Unix/Linux administration, Solaris, Windows 2000, Windows 2003
Administration, programming experience in Perl, PHP, C or Java. Networking
experience a plus.

Send resume to: careers at shatterit.com