No subject

Thu Nov 15 09:33:06 EST 2007

deduction as an expense.  The spare or new hardware you use, which may
or may not be already listed as an asset, will have a short term tax
benefit of the cost of that hardware, which if it's a PC class machine
maybe $1000 (to keep it simple) depreciated over 5 years.  If you buy
a dedicated piece of hardware for the purpose at $3000 - $5000
(estimating), you have just transferred the bulk of the cost from
being your labor (a one time expense on the books) to a longer term
asset (price over 5 years against tax liability), which can be very
business attractive during a time of anticipated growth in revenue.

But, I ramble.

The point is, collect your data and plan it out before making any
hasty decisions one way or the other.

Hope this even remotely helped.

Brad