[nflug] bittorrent setup

Franklin Kumro Jr fkumro at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 21:51:05 EST 2007

I don't know what firewall is installed by default, I always had to
install mine in Ubuntu ( I used firestarter, great GUI interface). Do
you have your router configured to forward ports? If not your going to
have to access its administration panel (website) and that depends on
what kind you have.

Open what ever firewall you have installed, and allow ports 6881-6889.
If you don't see a firewall then install firestarter (sudo apt-get
install firestarter) and then you can go to the policy tab, add
policy, and select bittorrent.

Now to the Azureus issue, I never used it do to it being a slow pig. I
can only help you when it comes to deluge (http://deluge-torrent.org)