[nflug] mythTV frontend/backend

Ryan Slomiany ryamigo at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 20:19:02 EST 2007

hey all

I'm in the process of putting together a mythtv system
that I want to use for High Def in the near future.

here's my question:

I have two boxes

one is set up for frontend operations with optical
digital audio out and DVI out. This has an Athlon 64
3000 1.8 GHz, 512 KiB L2-cache, 1000 MHz fsb

I had this laying around and threw it in the other
box.
Mobile Pentium 4 HT 538 3.2GHz, 1024 KiB
L2-cache, 533 MT/s fsb

which should I designate as frontend and which
backend?

I'm just a bit confused as to which should be more
powerful, as i'll probably be running apache, samba
and some other stuff on the backend as well.

I apologize if I sound a bit ignorant lol

-ry