[nflug] Nagios and old Dell boxes

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Mon Nov 12 08:48:52 EST 2007

You want to look into what's called "volatile services" in nagios.

The docs explain this and generally how to get it to work for SNMP traps at:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/volatileservices.html

Just tie that into something that listens for SNMP traps and sends a passive
check result to nagios as a result of the trap being sent out.

Mark