[nflug] Fw: new svc

Robert Wolfe robertwolfe at localnet.com
Wed Nov 7 10:35:44 EST 2007

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:52:59 +0200
From: Nikola Vladov <v20-qd-1195051064dmexcqv at riemann.fmi.uni-sofia.bg>
To: qmail at list.cr.yp.to
Subject: new svc

Hi!  I apologize -- this is more for daemontools list.  I cannot find
such list on cr.yp.to.  The people here speak often for svc + qmail.

I develop (fork from minit http://www.fefe.de) e new init system.
It includes a program nsvc which start/stop services.  Each service
has own directory.  Roughly speaking this is: svc + init.
All is done with DJB functions.  On i386, on x86_64 one can do
  make i386      # make x86_64
  make tests
The executable will use 3 pages RAM.  Using dietlibc gives the same
result (the executable is a bit larger).

see: http://riemann.fmi.uni-sofia.bg/ninit/

Nikola

PS.  I use this to start/stop qmail, dnscache, tinydns, smtpd...
Ninit is PID 1 on all my computers.

--
     Robert Wolfe (robertwolfe at localnet.com) | Systems Administrator
       LocalNet Corp | Williamsville, NY | http://www.localnet.com