[nflug] limewire under kubuntu feisty

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Nov 1 00:25:16 EDT 2007

I had it working and did something that broke it.  It was installed as a
better version from somewhere and then I got the version from the
limewire website and ran dpkg which downgraded it.  Oops!

Anyway, now it says:

bigbird at sananda:~$ limewire
Starting LimeWire...
Java exec found in PATH. Verifying...
OOPS, you don't seem to have a valid JRE. LimeWire works best with Sun
JRE available at http://www.java.com [java = SableVM]
You need to upgrade to JRE 1.4.x or newer from http://www.java.com
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in  /usr/lib/  hierarchy
You need to upgrade to JRE 1.4.x or newer from http://www.java.com
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in  /usr/java/  hierarchy
You need to upgrade to JRE 1.4.x or newer from http://www.java.com
OOPS, unable to locate java exec in  /opt/  hierarchy
You need to upgrade to JRE 1.4.x or newer from http://www.java.com

But I have at least three versions of jre installed and firefox and OOo
seem to be happy with it.

So what path, etc. is it looking for?

I have the latest jre under /opt/java and /usr/lib/jvm.

I don't know java, so I'm pretty much in the dark on this one.

TIA

Joe