[nflug] tw rr screwjob

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed May 30 22:12:07 EDT 2007

Stephen Burke wrote:
> Cyber Source wrote:
>> A friend of mine was telling me about this the other day who is a
>> complete Linux guy and it surprised me to see that he got stumped by
>> this too. Why need an activation service?? Just change your emails
>> servers in you mail app to the new rr ones. Right on rr's help page is
>> this..
>> Please Note: Former Adelphia Customers will need to use
>> Incoming (POP3) Mail Server: pop-server.roadrunner.com
>> Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server: smtp-server.roadrunner.com
>> I also tested the webmail by logging in at rr with his same user and
>> passwd, all good.
>>

> Nice.
>
> Any phone call I can avoid is a serious bonus, particularly ones like
> the one we were talking about. I'm all for flying UNDER the radar as
> opposed to being branded by bb as a subversive non-M$-user. ;-)
>
> Thanks,
> S.

WHY??!! That's my point. Why do you guys who love Linux shy away from
saying so? I'm the first one to say what I use. In fact, many times I've
had dual boot boxes on new installs of cable or dsl internet and I
refuse to even let them know I have windows at all and make them help me
with my Linux side. Squeaky wheels get the grease! Linux is awesome and
it just keeps getting better. In fact, I laugh when I see windows 2000
running at the banks and stuff, yea, that's a good idea, lets put a
completely insecure, virus prone OS on our system here in control of
everyones funds, real good. I always tell my clients that they are about
3-5 years or so ahead of the pack, and I truly believe that.