[nflug] tw rr screwjob

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Tue May 29 15:09:20 EDT 2007

Ok, I just got the wonderful news from tw that they're apparently done
screwing up the erstwhile adelphia network and want me to activate the
roadrunner account that's supposed to replace the old adelphia one. When
you go to the activation page, however, there's all this bs about
needing internet exploder to use the site and an invitation to download
the latest M$ crap.

No, thanks.

I tried configuring konqueror to identify itself as ie6 for that site,
but still got the same complaint. I suppose I could use an xp box just
for activation, but I've gotten to the point where it really sickens me
to use ie for any reason whatsoever.

Just on principle, I really don't want to submit to this kind of
strongarm bullshit.

Does anyone know a way around this, WITHOUT caving in to bb?

Thanks,
S.