[nflug] Ubuntu Apache install issue

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Sat May 26 12:42:28 EDT 2007

I have tried numerous ways getting information on the
internet trying to install Apache on Ubuntu Feisty. Im
trying to move my sites off Fed 5. For the life of me
there are 2 versions of apache on Ubuntu apache2 and
apache 1.3. I tred to install to using webmin and that
didnt work it installed but services start with error
/usr/sbin/apache2 -d /etc/apache2 -f
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf :
apache2: Syntax error on line 188 of
/etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could not open
configuration file /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: No such
file or directory

 . I noticed too that in Apache2 there is no
httpd.conf file. Normally I edit the files by hand in
Fed with no problems. Cant seem t get it running on
Ubuntu. Suggestions?

Maybe stick with Fedora with Apache is easier?

Thanks!

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.