[nflug] nx server

anthonyriga torrodimerda at yahoo.com
Fri May 25 08:34:25 EDT 2007

Ill try that. I have all sound turned off too.
Sometimes too I cant even close the client window it
hangs too or when I log into a sessions the background
turns black and never logs into the session.  I have
noticed both in the Windows and Linux client versions.

____________________________________________________________________________________Shape
> Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research
> Panel today!

> I found that there is a bug in nx at least as far as
> trying to nx into
> gnome. I don't think it's entirely nx related
> either, in that I have
> some boxes with the problem and others don't, could
> be a version thing too.
> Problem I've found is that even though you may be
> telling it to make a
> connection without multimedia stuff (sound in
> particular), it still
> tries to make a connection with sound. It doesn't
> appear to be a problem
> over a lan but it is over a wan.
> Work around I use is I check to see how many esd
> processes are running,
> kill them all. Either turn off your sounds in your
> gnome session or
> create a user with no sound enabled and login with
> that user. Newer nx
> packages also only allow 2 users enabled by default
> to connect, so if
> you add another user to connect, you may need to
> adjust that.

in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.