[nflug] Ubuntu 7.04 services

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue May 22 11:28:29 EDT 2007

anthonyriga wrote:
> How do you disable a service from not starting at
> startup? For example winbind?
>

> ____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

apt-cache is your friend and I just don't like synaptic ;). Anywho, do
an apt-get update, then try this, "apt-cache search system run levels"
and see how many packages there are for this, based on those search
words. you can put as many search words you want, they parse the
comments and such from the cache of packages. You can also limit it to
just the names of the packages themselves with the option
"--names-only". I use sysv-rc-conf myself but you can see there's tons,
probably more. For a gui one, try bum.