[nflug] printing

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Wed Mar 28 15:38:59 EDT 2007

Oh I see. Then "lpstat -h $ip_of_cups_server" (man lpstat for more options)
is the command you want; this only works if the printer is actually running
cups and not some other server providing cups/ipp computability. IF the
printer is running an lpr compatible spooler, "lpq $servername" is the
command you want afaik.  FWIW, 631 is not the default ipp port -- 1900 is
and I've had no end of problems using cups servers and trying port 1900 on
windows systems :>

HTH,

Sam S.