[nflug] printing

Sam Stern samstern at samstern.net
Wed Mar 28 14:26:10 EDT 2007

<snip>

Hi,

On the cups page, goto to admin and set a default queue to your Ricoh. This
will permit all default printer requests to print from the Ricoh queue.
To learn what queues are on a local box (from the cli as opposed to the web
interface) issue the "lpq" or "lpstat -p" command on the box in question.

NB: in the event you do not know this but could this knowledge, 2k/xp/vista
does not like to use the ipp port on a cups server, use port 631 instead.
Also, xp should be set to post script, "optimize for portability" (not the
default of "optimize for speed").

Sam S.